Thursday, May 5

RAFW DAY#3



DAY 3
BLUR OF SHOWS, PRESENTATION VIEWINGS AND PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS

/OLIVER GOLDSMITH SUNNIES/ BATHING APE SNEAKERS/


I think when hours of staring at editorial photos late into the night gets to you, it gets exhausting.  Especially when you are sorting through photos which look somewhat the same yet very different at the exact same time.  It usually ends up with me starting the day which flat whites and some sort of kind of upbeat music in the taxi. 

Shows are interesting to talk about and all but I am not sure how interesting it would be for a reader.  I think the thing about seeing a designer present on the runway is the ability for most people to be able to conceptualize how different the garment can be portrayed on a person than on the hanger and how clothing goes with movement of the body.  I like movement, yet shows can be so so draining.  Staring into the headlights, trying to understand the message the designer is trying to say and even how I can wear it myself.

So, I amuse myself with talking to people who run the show, speaking to designers like Rebecca Manning and Tovah about editorial pages, trying on the clothes to want more clothing than I already have.  I am a little more than half-way past fashion week but I know the feeling of exhaustion I am feeling now, is oh-so temporary,  

x