Wednesday, April 28

Looking forward




Upcoming RAFW shows: Miss Unkon, Hussy, Ellery
即将来临的RAFW: Miss Unkon, Hussy, Ellery
 


Several designers I am looking forward to seeing at Fashion Week in Sydney next week.  I spoke to my regional assistant, someone who is in charge of looking after my RSVPs and administrative stuff, and she was telling me all the shows I was invited to.  So I sat down and did the unthinkable, crossed off designers who didn't interest me much because I don't have the time to see all of them.  :(  In between external interviews and travelling to a city I have never been to before, there must be a compromise.  Yet, I am very excited because I feel that Australian and New Zealand designers are on the verge of something very exciting: creating real and accessible fashion for everyone.  Now... that's hard.

数个我很期待在下周悉尼的时装秀看到的设计师。我跟负责替我回复和处理行政的地区助手沟通过,她跟我提起所有我被邀请出席的秀。因为我没有时间去看所有设计师,于是我坐下来,除去那些我不太感兴趣的名字。:(在访问和去一个从没去过的城市之间,要找到妥协。可是,我非常兴奋,因为我觉得澳洲和新西兰的设计师是在让人期待的边缘:设计真实和所有人可接近的时装。现在。。。那是很困难的。




What I am more excited to see is the new Ksubi show, it's been a couple years since they had a show and hopefully despite new investors, they will stick true to the artistic vision which made Ksubi so Australian.  They have the closing show this fashion week, am very interested to see what they are coming back with.

让我更期待的是新的Ksubi秀,他们已经有数年没出过秀,希望除了新的投资者,他们会坚持原始很澳洲风雅的Ksubi。他们会在这个时装周里有一个闭幕秀,我很期待他们会带什么回来。



Me & the Ksubi boys 2008
我和Ksubi男孩2008
 

These guys were the first Australian designers I interviewed.
Their drive for fashion was bringing what was essentially Australian and fun to a way of lifestyle. 

RAFW will be fun and stress-free.
I have great hosts and great friends.  Only problem I am worrying about is, what do I wear?

这两个男生是我第一次访问的澳洲设计师。他们对时装的概念是带来从澳洲和玩乐化成生活方式的东西。
RAFW会是好玩的和没压力的。我有很棒的旅游招待和朋友。唯一担心的问题是,我该穿什么好呢?