Saturday, January 2

My first day in Niseko






Wearing: Human Ware plaid shirt, Zara cotton tee, vintage velvet pants, Wow ring

穿着:Human Ware格子衬衫,Zara棉线汗衫,古典丝绒裤子,Wow戒指
I have always been a plaid girl.  Plain it on growing up in Seattle and all the grunge-ness going on but I love the soft flannel and all the comfort associated with this pattern.  When the opportunities came for me to rough it out in the cold harsh winter, I packed my suitcase full of soft, boyfriend size flannels and hauled off to the land of icy winters.  After my first night in Niseko, I am convinced that living in a small town is the right way to go.  Imagine this, I woke up this morning to the sound of the soft pitter-patter of snowfall.  Warm and toasty in my bed, was soooo reluctant to move anywhere else.  Mmmmmm....

我一直都很喜欢穿有格子图案的服饰。在西雅图长大的时候都在穿这朴素和邋遢的衣饰,不过我倒很喜欢柔软的法兰绒和这个风格所给的舒适感。在寒冷的冬天遇到不快的事,我会把手提箱塞满柔软而宽松的法兰绒衣物,然后走进那片冰天雪地。在二世古过了一夜后,我确定了住在小镇里的决定是对的。试想象一下,我今天早上被轻轻的下雪声唤醒。我躺在温暖的被窝里,真得不愿意离开床上。。。



So... A little bit about where I am right now.  I am going to be mentioning Niseko a lot in the next couple weeks.  It's a snow heaven for the best powder snow.  It is amazing.  No joke.  There are basically 4 ski passes and I have made it my mission to ski all of them.  Risky but not impossible. 

那让我告诉你们一点点我的计划吧。在接下来的两个礼拜,我会待在二世古。这是一个能看到最漂亮的飘雪的雪国。是真的,没骗你。我准备去这里的四个滑雪场滑雪,每一个都去。虽然是有点危险,不过并不是不可能完成的事情。



Went out for dinner with some friends and as I left the restaurant, looked back and came across this view of  the mountain when I turned back.  Amazing that the ski village is so close to the night action.  I imagine myself whizzing  around in the misty conditions of night ski.  How dreamy could that be? This mountain looks just as majestic at night as it does in the day time.

晚上跟朋友聚餐。在我离开餐厅的时候,回头再把头转回来的那刻,我看到雪山的风貌。那滑雪村离这里真的很近,让人惊异。我想象自己在烟雾弥漫的夜里滑雪。那该有多好呢?这座雪山晚上的景色跟早上的真的一样宏伟。



This is wet snow, also as known as slushie, annoying snow and snow that makes me slip in a cartoon character style.  Legs up.  Slightly annoying but I think it:s the most beautiful thing in the world to photograph.  I like the idea of the translucent-property of wet snow but yet.. it's so lethal. 

这是湿的雪,也叫融雪,是让人讨厌的雪,是让我像卡通人物般滑倒让我四脚朝天的雪。一点点让人讨厌,可是我觉得这是在照片里看起来最美丽的东西。我喜欢融雪半透明的状态,可是真的太致命了。



My dinner... nothing like a good plate of nachos to chill my stomach after a harsh day of walking in the snow.  Going skiing tomorrow early in the morning higher up the mountain with some snowboarding pros.
Think it will be good. 

Happy Snow.

我的晚餐。。。在雪里走了一天后,只有满盘加了起司和辣椒酱的玉米片能舒缓我的胃。明天一大早,我会带着滑雪专用品到山上更高处滑雪。

我想一定会很有趣吧。

下雪天快乐。