Thursday, December 3

Behind the scenes: SONIA RYKIEL for H&M




Sonia Rykiel pour H&M sketch

I know many of you have seen the ad campaign for SONIA RYKIEL for H&M, but I want to show you the behind the scenes shots of what it takes to produce such a line, in every aspect.  These are the images I have received from H&M after the launch of the new line in Paris last night.  I find these drawings so fascinating.  It's those blurs of color which inspires us to dress how we have never before.  While some of us wear a designer's item, we would not feel the same gratitude we feel until we witness the time and effort in spent in each item.



Draft of bra drawing

Some of you may recognize this bra top from the ad campaign.  It's one of the pieces I desperately want to get.  If you don't recognize it, good.  I am not going to show you the real product shot in case you fall in love with it as well.  For me, it's so liberating to see how the product developes/varies from how the designer intended it.  This time, the reall product looks exactly like that!



Another draft drawing

Seeing Sonia's little notes and her description of her design, makes me feel like I know her a little better.  It's really cool that I think she designs clothes she sees herself wearing.  (Hint: Sonia Rykiel has red hair! And her silhouette looks something like this.)




Trend Board: Sonia Rykiel pour H&M

We all have one of these things at home.  Pictures of things that inspire us and drive us into perpetual happiness in seeing things we adore and admire.  Seeing this trend board is wonderful to take a glimpse into the mind of someone as talent as Sonia Rykiel.  It's amazing.  I am in adoration and am holding back urges to run off and make my own trend board. 

After all that work and designing, it went from colors on paper.... to pieces on models. 
Sonia Rykiel for H&M hit the runway last night in Paris, celebrating under the stars:






The Sonia Rykiel for H&M is available at stores world-wide on December 5th!
I love fashion. :)

All images property of H&M 2009