Wednesday, October 28

Loving me isn't easy

 Photobucket

Photobucket

Wearing: The Arbor (Itaty) poncho, two-tone sequin leggings, Aldo platform boots, Balenciaga Tote, Zara biker gloves

Love. Still kinda stuck on it and what it really means to me.  Recently, my relationship has gone through a dynamic change in situations, a change which required a lot of thinking, consideration and deliberation.  One change which led me to question a commitment I have to someone I care dearly and sincerely about.  It is one of those trying times where we ask if it is really enough to just really care about someone. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Each day, I hear of friends in sucessful relationships and friends glorifying in the rays of single-dom, but neither affects me as I am fully aware of the different ways each person handles a relationship.  What I hear more of are complaints of relationships gone wrong or a first impressions much mistakened, neither which are feelings anyone would like to experience. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, to ask me what love means to me, is like asking a college mathematics professor if he approves of quantum mathematics theories: unnecessary and obvious.  I am a hopeless romantic.  I fall down from the safe haven of love only to tend to my wounds and jump up with a renewed and unwavering passion for the next opportunity.  I would run for miles to the end of the world for the guy who would stand by me.

& I am lucky to have that. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

To me, love is when he tells me "You are awesome" every morning.
When he smiles when I yell at him.
When he tells the world "She is the most amazing woman. Ever."
When he tells me that I have beautiful eyes. (Everyone thinks I do not)
When he orders everything I want to eat even before I get to look at the menu.
When he watches all the movies I want to watch at the cinema.
When he wants to take me to all the 'Boys night-out' outings.
When he talks to me when we are out with friends just because, "I want to spend every moment I have with you."
When he links pinkies with me under the dining table.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yet, the moment I realised I was in love was when I was eating a bowl of pho, slurpping greedily and splattering soup all over my shirt.  In the midst of my messiness, I looked up.  He was looking at me with 'that' smile on his face.  'That' smile was one that spoke volumes.  It said, "Valerie. I love you. You are beautiful."  As suddenly as that moment came, it drifted back into the normal realms for everyday emotions.  We exchanged smiles and I knew in the pits of my heart, that feeling I have is love.

Photobucket

Photobucket

To ask me what love means to me is a simple question.  It's when annoying habits and stereotypical men's behavior are tolerable.  It's that simple lurch over an emotional hurdle to jumpstart all unknown possibilites.  It's that urge to be a better person and seek for self improvement.  It's like every chapter in a book, we start with hopes that the content will surprise, entertain and touch us.  Most importantly, we hope that we turn each page in anticipation of what comes next. 

Photobucket

That's love.
A continous self-less journey to enjoying each moment with someone who makes you become a better version of you.

Photobucket

I will walk with you. Anywhere & everywhere.



Side note: I will be in Japan for a week!:) No blogging. See you in a week.
Happy Halloween.